1966 26’ Airstream Overlander
Vintage Airstream newly remodeled with tons of upgrades and repairs! The original layout and vintage feel was maintained with the remodel.
Most original retro trailers are in need of TLC. Rotted floor, rusted frames and body separation are all common on vintage trailers. When we purchased this trailer it looked solid and it was touted as, “great condition, everything works!” The plan was to freshen up the interior with paint then hit the road but as we looked deeper we found: bathroom subfloor completely rotted, frame rusted and rotted in several locations, black tank pan nearly gone, all the copper water lines had several ruptures and the list goes on and on!
This is common with MANY old trailers dare I say most. Buyer beware when buying vintage! We spent nearly 2 years completing our repairs and remodel. In hindsight I would’ve saved 100’s of hours of labor and headaches by purchasing a remodeled trailer. Buyer beware when purchasing a $5k bargain Airstream! You likely have a long and costly road to get a solid trailer.
This trailer was our home for 4yrs and was a labor of love!
UPGRADES & REPAIRS
- Frame Repairs Completed by a Professional Welder.
- Frame Treated with Anti-Rust POR15 paint
- New Subfloor (Marine Grade Plywood) in Bathroom & front 2/3 of Trailer
- New Blank Tank Pan Fabricated
- Black/Gray Tank Repaired and New Gate Valve Installed
- New PEX Plumbing New Water Pump with Strainer
- New Fresh Water Tank
- New Pressure Reducer on Shore Water Inlet
- New Aluminum fresh water Inlet + cap
- New Fantastic Fans x 2
- New Roof Vent with Metal Lid
- New Porch, “scare light”
- New Vintage Style 8’ awning
- New Wiring Pigtail to a Modern Round 5pin
- New Intelli Power Converter / Battery Charger
- New LED lights throughout
- New Tongue Jack 2011 Propane tank valve replaced 2014
- New bearings & grease 2012 New Tires 2012
- New Upholstery & Foam Cushions
- Stainless Steel Dinette Table & Coffee / Blending Bar
- Custom Hardwood Countertops
- Bamboo Hardwood floors
- Large Double Tub Sink with Hardwood Cutting Board Cover (that matches counter)
- Stainless propane range / Oven
- Stainless 120v AC Fridge
- Dwarf Model S Tiny Wood Stove. 10k BTU. 3” flue kit with removable vent cap for traveling.
- Door hinge needs to be rehung.
- Drivers side rear window is plexiglass
- Body is not perfect
- No Hot Water Heater – We used a simple hand pump shower.
We’ve taken the value of what the trailer would be worth in perfect condition and have deducted the above items. Asking $26,500. Open to reasonable offers.